The Tactical Welder portable welding tool is powered by a 528Wh lithium ion battery pack. A state-of-the-art electronic Battery Management System (BMS) safely controls charging and discharging functions. The weld gun is a 300A industrial grade spool gun wire-feed welder.
- Dimensions in. (mm): 24 x 18 x 12 (610 x 457 x 305)
- Power: 300A
- Weight lbs. (kg): 35 (16.0)
Features & Benefits
- Completely battery-powered system – no long power cords, heavy cables or generators necessary.
- State-of-the-art, electronic battery management system uses high-capacity lithium-ion batteries to provide consistent power and safely controls charging and discharging functions.
- Ultimate portability – all components are designed to be stored/transported in the included backpack. The bag provides a holster for the spool gun and tools, allowing for one-hand welding operations.
- The system includes a high current contactor for cold tip operation. Clamp the ground, pull the trigger and weld.
The Welder comes complete with:
- Power system (Battery & BMS)
- Spool gun
- 7A charger
- 300A ground clamp
- 6-foot cables with high-current plug connectors for positive or negative ground welding.
- What kind of power does the Tactical Welder have?
It holds about ½ kW of energy and 300 amps. It is 26.4 Volts.
- What kind of welding is the Tactical Welder capable of?
The Welder is capable of MIG and flux core welding using a wire feed gun.
- What is the warranty on the Tactical Welder?
There is a one-year warranty on parts and labor. Please see the written warranty for full details.
- How long can the Tactical Welder operate?
It can continuously weld for approximately 18 minutes. At a 30% duty cycle, the Welder can weld for approximately 54 minutes. The Welder’s gun holds a one lb. spool of wire and the Welder has shown to be able to weld half of that on a single charge. The actual amount of weld or wire used is dependent on a number of factors. Results may vary.
- What comes with the Tactical Welder?
The Tactical Welder includes a Battery Management System (includes the batteries), a welding wire feed gun (variable speed), a 300A ground clamp, a 7A, 120/240 V battery recharger and a custom backpack.
- What size wire does the Tactical Welder use?
The Welder can use wire from 0.023” to 0.040”.
- What thicknesses of steel or metal can be welded with the Tactical Welder?
From 1/8” to 1/2” (3.2 mm to 12.7 mm).
- How long does it take to recharge the battery pack?
The battery pack takes approximately 2.5 hours to charge fully.
- What type of safety features are built into the Battery Management System (BMS)?
The BMS monitors each cell to ensure balanced charging and discharging. It also monitors the internal temperature of the battery pack and is capable of shutting the system down if it detects an internal fault.
- Are Battery Packs available separately?
Yes, Battery Packs can be purchased separately to provide a back-up.
- How much does the Tactical Welder weigh?
The complete system (including the backpack) weight 27 lbs.
- Is the Tactical Welder capable of welding aluminum?
Yes, but thinner aluminum could be burned through if the user is not adept at welding aluminum.
- Does it have a “cold tip” feature?
Yes, as well as some other features to promote maximum safety.
- How long are the leads?
The leads are six feet in length.
- Can the Tactical Welder be used with argon or another inert gas?
Yes, there is a tube in the gun for connecting to an inert gas. To allow a gas bottle to fit into the backpack with the welder, we recommend using a “paint ball” size gas cylinder.
- Can the Tactical Welder be used underwater?
No, it should not be submerged in water for any reason.
- Can the unit TIG or stick weld?
The Tactical Welder cannot TIG or stick weld.